Sunday, June 1, 2008

Exterior Plans...

Just thought I would share some updates on where we are with the house...

I found it hard to believe that Andy was already having me pick the exterior materials for our home so soon, but after the progress made this weekend we are not that far away from needing them!



Our house is located on a beautiful piece of land that is perfect for anyone who enjoys a lovely view and the outdoors; because of this, we wanted to stick with natural tones for the exterior. Although these pictures don't do any justice for the colors, they are close to what it will be.


The siding we have chosen will be a sage green, the cedar shakes are a natural clay, and the trim will be in a wicker/tan color. The shingles are a mixture of brown, green, gray and black and work really well with the siding we have chosen.




We also decided to have stone on the front of the house which really suites the style of home we are building. We decided on a natural ledgestone that looks great with the other exterior materials.
We have double hung windows that have grills in the wicker/tan color to match all of the exterior trim (which are white on the inside to match the interior trim), and a beautiful wood front door that will have door length windows on both sides.
It is all coming together and I am hoping to post a rendering of our home so you can visualize it all together. Stay tuned for more updates and pictures of the house being built!!! Take care...
P.S. I forgot to mention I am exhausted and don't have the time or energy to re-read this so I apologize for any misspellings and incorrect grammar! :)

5 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Hi, I wanted to tell you that your doing such a wonderful job on your house! I love the new countertop materials that look like stone, and my fav is the Antique Topaz...

Love the stacked stone too, your house is going to be amazing when it is all done, you'll be so proud!

Welcome to the Lynn club...
Hugs,
Donna Lynn

Diana Lyn said...

Hello Megan lynn, Welcome to tblog land and the Lynn club! LOL, Love what your doing to your home, My Husband and I are going to do stone on our home too! stop by some time for a visit! Hugs Diana Lyn

Donna Lynn said...

Megan Lynn,
Try to pop over and sign up for my first ever giveaway! Hope your week is going well...
XO

Sheryl said...

Love the materials you have chosen for outside. I'm going to have to drive by and take a peek! Hugs - Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Megan,

So far so good, I love the outside materials. I am sure you are frustrated and at your wits end with decisions, but just know that it is going to be beautiful and it's not going to be perfect. No matter what we do, there is always something you would change. You have a great sense for design and I know that your home is going to show that. Good luck and let me know if you need anything. Love you, dana